This is a Diploma Level Course
Highlevel course outline:
1) Meaning of Art, Performing and other arts.
2) Information about basic swaras, saptak and basic talas. Learning Basic Swaras, different types of Laya and talas One Saraswati Vandana
3) Origin of Music, different stories related to the origin of music Evolution of music from Folk Music Learning any one folk form of music.
4) Music appreciation Few basic concepts of Music Learning Patriotic song, Geet, Ghazal, Sargam, Lakshangeet, Chota Khyal
5) General information about two types of music systems in India Various musical forms included in Carnatic and Hindusthani sangeet One Tillana or Tarana
6) Bandish, poetry, musical forms and role of language in music Learning the outlines of different types of bandishes such as Dhrupad, Dhamar, chotakhyal etc
7) Information about basic instruments for accompaniment and solo performances Information about Tabla, Tanpura and Harmonium
8) Notation Systems in Hindusthani sangeet and biographies of musicians Practise of reading, writing and singing the given notation
9) Essays on following topics :
- Society and music
- Qualities of a good Musician, Accompanist, and a good listener
- Impact of film music and popular music on learning classical music
- Music for mental peace
- Career opportunities through music
- 10) Various types of Alankars and Paltas of Shuddha Swaras Alankars and Paltas in Komal Swaras
Any one raga based film/Folk song in the above ragas.
Contact us to know about Our Present and Upcoming Programs in UofSA.